What is a Web Developer?
Roaming through different job portals we often find a title saying, “Web Developer Jobs in Pakistan” or “Web Developers Required” which sometimes strike us with the curiosity to know, what really is a Web Developer? A Web Developer is a person who is passionate about the internet and the computers, an individual or company that can provide service to build and maintain high end websites. He must have more sweeping and extensive skills than a usual webmaster. A developer who is generally capable of writing custom scripts to fulfill his client’s needs and has sufficient personal experience with various scripting languages. Web developers are also called web content developer or front-end developer. He programs web pages from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the homepage to site layout and function. Some developers go for freelance work while others choose to outsource their skills to organizations to come out as consultants and independent contractors.
They keep a keen eye on facts, figures and specific details of the current market to satisfy their clients by creating a website which would appeal to the market and would also be able to showcase the products or services in a way that is not only promotional, but dynamic.
Today, web-developers work as team at firms with professionals that specialize in different areas of E-commerce and web content development.
The Front-end developer programs the code to ‘tell’ a website how to function. This also include site navigation; designing a site which can be accessed from any web browser, for example, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, and Google Chrome etc.
What does it take to be a Web Developer?
Workplace of a Web-Developer
The workplace of a web developer varies. It depends on the type of work he is assigned to do or the organization he is working with. A developer may work full or part-time in an office, or an (IT) department or may chooses to conduct business at home. But if he chooses to do freelance, he might have to travel.
Average Salary Range of Web Developer in Pakistan
The average salary of a web developer in Pakistan is 50,000 – 55,000 PKR. They may be charge on hourly basis as a contractor or freelance.
Top 5 Web Developer Jobs in Pakistan
Job # 05: Web Developer-ASP.NET / MVC / AngularJS Required
- Company: Scriptcrux Inc
- Industry: Information Technology (IT)
- Job type: Contract (first shift)
- Location: Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore.
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree in BS(CS) with 3 years experience
- Salary: PKR 30,000 – 50,000/ per month
- Skills required:
- Good knowledge of object oriented methodologies
- Excellent skills with Microsoft SQL server and data base systems.
- Good understanding of web technologies. E.g. AngularJS, Interface Protocols & Standards: Jquery, Ajax
Job # 04: Sr. PHP Web Developer Required
- Company: Technology Architects
- Industry: (IT)
- Functional area: Software and web development
- Location: Islamabad
- Education required: Bachelors degree with at least 2 years experience, Non-Manager but No beginners
- Salary: PKR 20,000 – 50,000/Month
- Job Description: Looking for experienced and passionate web developers. Who have an interest in learning about new technologies and a reputation for doing great work.
- Benefits: Bonuses, Excellent growth potential
- Responsibilities: Design, develop, implement, and maintain PHP web applications, adhering to the set coding standards
- Programming languages: PHP, Objective-C, HTML5/XHTML/HTML, Advances CSS
- Tools: Software development tools, interspire, Twilo, Imagemagick, Dreamweaver, Zencart
- Servers: Expression Engine, Amazon AWS, Magento, Joomla,LAMP, osCommerce
- Database: MySQL, MongoDB
- Operating System: iOS
- Processes: RESTful architecture, Crossbrowser compatability, Backened Development, W3C Validation, Front –end Coding, Agile Programming.
Job # 03:Senior Web/UI Developer Required
- Company: Mijsons Technologies
- Industry: (IT)
- Functional area: Software and web-development
- Education required: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year experience
- Salary: PKR 40,000 – 60,000/month
- Source Controls: Git
- Interface Protocols: JSON, JSONP.
- Process: RESTful Architecture and Cross-browser compatiility.
Job # 02: .Net Web Developer Required
- Company: Interactive Solutions
- Industry: (IT)
- Department: Back-up Office
- Location: Lahore
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree (BS) with 2 years minimum experience
- Salary: 25,000 – 40,000 PKR/ Month
- Description: Candidate must have experience in Dot Net 2.0/3.5/4.0, SQL server 2005/2008.
- Technologies and Skills required: Strong knowledge of handeling HTML, Hands-on experience in Web+Windows application developement, Crystal Reports, DotNetNuke, Strong Database Concepts, experience of Design and Analysis of Large Scale & Distriuted Systems, ERP and Strong English Communication will be a PLUS.
- Server: IIS
- Operating System: Windows, Windows Mobile
Job # 01: Web Developer PHP/MYSQ Required
- Company: Brilliant Programmers Pvt. Ltd.
- Industry: (IT)
- Department: Software Developement
- Location: Rawalpindi
- Education required: Bachelor’s Degree in BS/BCS/MCS/MS with minimum 1 year experience
- Description: Applicant must require capabilities in working with MVC Framework (Yii/Codelgniter), integrating enterprise and third party systems, databases and payment gateways.
- Skills required: Experience to develope Multilingual projects. Must have experience to work in CMS and shopping carts. Good understanding of Payment gateways and APIs integration.
- Interface Protocols: Jquery, Facebook API
- Databases: MySQL