Telenor 3G Service Now Available in Cities of Pakistan
Telenor is offering its customers to enjoy free 3G internet on their Telenor SIMs in Lahore and some other major cities of Pakistan. Although part of trial run that was started back in March, internet will be available on exquisite speeds by Telenor to its customers. All you have to do is to dial *7799# to check that whether you are in coverage area of Telenor 3G Service trial or not. You might also want to check that you have a smartphone that is enabled to work with 3G technology.
Once you are in the coverage area with suitable smartphone, you’ll start receiving signals on your own and you will enter into the world of Free 3G internet on the go. You can use it for uninterrupted video calling, seamless video streaming, Non-Stop Music downloads and Amazing browsing speeds, though speed varies with a number of factors, including the handset, coverage, network traffic and number of users accessing the 3G network at a particular point of time. However, as Telenor 3G utilizes the best in line HSPA+ technology, it can provide best in line quality, fulfilling your need for speed.
- Go to Settings
- Click “More”
- Now click on “Mobile Networks”
- Now on next screen, click on “Network Mode”
- Here you will have to select “WCDMA (preferred) / GSM. This will enable your handset to search for 3G networks as well.
- Now go back to “Mobile Network” screen and click on “Service Providers”
- Now your phone will search for all available networks (both 2G and 3G) at your location.
- Once your phone is connected with 3G network, you can go to Settings->About Phone->Status to see “Mobile Network Type”, which in my case was HSPA.
While we have confirmed that 3G services during the trial period are free, you must keep an eye on your balance to make sure that you are not charged with any data services. Data charges with 3G networks can be explicitly high.
As per the reviews; Telenor 3G internet is working wonders for its customers in Defence and Gulberg areas.
And Also Warid Telecom Plans to Deploy 4G LTE