Recipe of Lucknowi Dahi Bade
Lucknowi Dahi Bade:
Dahi bade is very common and simple dish in every season. It is very easy to make. It’s a dish in which a stuffed tender dumplings in spicy yogurt sauce is prepared. This recipe is can be made by following these instructions given below.
- 3/4 cup (175 grams) split black gram, without skin
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) split green gram, without skin
- 1 and ½ liter lukewarm water
- 1 tsp salt, mixed chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted and ground
- 1 and ½ level tsps. Salt
- 1 recipe imly chutney Mathurwala
- Oil for deep frying
- 25 gms raisins, soaked and chopped
- 3 tsps coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 4 tsps fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsps fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
For yogurt mix:
- 2 cups (500 ml) plain yogurt
- 5/8 cups (150 ml) water
- 1 level tsp chili powder
- ½ level tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 level tsp cumin seeds, roasted and ground
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1 and ½ tsps sugar
- Soak dates overnight. Wash next day thoroughly. Place dates in a blender and grind to a paste, adding a little water at a time to ease the grinding.
- Drop 1 tsp of the paste into a bowl of cold water to test if the paste is of the right consistency. It should rise to the surface.
- Add salt and chili powder to the dal paste and beat well.
- Make imly chuttni and chili.
- Beat yogurt, water, sugar and salt. Chill slightly.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan.
- Place a piece of wet cotton cloth on a hard surface. Keep a bowl of cold water nearby.
- Place a table spoon of dal paste on the wet cloth. Wet your finger and pat it a round shape. Place 1 tsp of the stuffing in the center.
- Now tilt the cloth and fold the paste in half over it.
- Cover the stuffing completely.
- Again wet your fingers and place over the bada and carefully rise away the stuffed bada.
- Repeat with the remaining paste one by one.
- Now carefully lower the bada’s, a few at a time, into the hot oil.
- Fry to a golden color turning once or twice.
- Remove from oil and keep on kitchen paper for one minute then put into the salted water.
- When the bada’s sink and remain at the bottom, take them out one by one and press gently between your palms to squeeze out the water.
- Now dip them in the yogurt mix for 5 minutes and place them in s deep serving dish.
- Now keep it in a cool place.
- Ten minutes before serving, spoon the remaining yogurt sauce over the bada’s and then gently spoon the imly chutni over it.
- Sprinkle chili powder, roasted and ground cumin powder, and coriander leaves.
Try this recipe at your home and share your precious comments with us. If you have any query then do ask we will be pleased to help you.