Do you like Pakistani foods???? It is its specialty that, one who eats it never let it go. We use different spices to make them delicious and tasteful. When we gather, all of us demand biryani, karahi and all such Pakistani foods. Biryani is one of the most popular food in our country. There are a lot of ways to cook different kinds of biryani. Sindhi biryani, Hyderabadi biryani, Multani biryani, Chicken biryani, Layered biryani and many more. Layered biryani is one of those dishes, which are very delicious and having a stunning look which makes our mouth wet.
It’s very simple to make at home. I am sharing my sister’s recipe with all of you. Her recipe is full of flavor and we have fun when we make it. Just follow all the instructions and amaze your family and friends.
- ½ kg Basmati Rice
- ½ kg chicken
- 3 chopped onions of medium size
- 2 table spoons ginger garlic paste
- 5 cardamoms
- 4 tomatoes
- 5 green chilies
- Chopped leaves of Coriander
- Cooking oil
- Mixture of spices (Garam masala)
- 1 cup mint leaves chopped
- Red chili powder- to taste
- Salt- to taste
- 6 to 7 Black peppers
- 1 lemon cut in small pieces
- First of all wash rice and soak them in the water for half hour.
- Take a big pot put chopped onions in it, add one cup cooking oil and fry it.
- When onion is fried than put half glass water in it and add 2 table spoons ginger garlic paste, red chili, salt, tomatoes, 5 cardamoms, and leave them for 6 to 7 minutes.
- When all the ingredients are boiled well and make a paste than add meat in it and frying them too.
- On the other hand take another big pot for boiling the rice. Filled that pot with water and put some amount of not grand mixture of spices and 2 to 3 table spoons salt in it and leave for boiling.
- Once the Chicken is fried and oil rises to the top now add 5 green chilies in it and low the flame.
- When water starts boiling add rice in it and boiled them as well.
- When rice are nearly boiled then turn off the flame and put them in a basket to drain water from it.
- Now take that pot again and add 2 to 3 table spoons of oil in it and make a layer of rice in it.
- Than take chicken mixture and make a layer of chicken on the rice. Now repeat that process.
- Cover that pot tightly with its cap and put it on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Now your layered biryani is ready serve it in a dish and garnish it with ginger, chopped leaves of coriander and lemon.
The most tasty and delicious layered biryani is ready to eat. Enjoy this delicious food with your family and friends.
What you are waiting for???? Do not be shy to try it home. Prove yourself as a good chef. Try this recipe at your home and share your precious comments and views with us. If you have any query then do ask. We will be extremely pleased to help you.