Recipe of Kofta Alu Bukhara
Kofta alu Bukhara is a very famous and delicious dish in Pakistan which is made with potato and cottage cheese balls stuffed with dried prunes cooked in spicy sauce. It is very easy to cook.
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup (115 gms) mashed cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, roasted and ground
- 1 level tsp salt
- 10-12 dried prunes soaked overnight and stored
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium onion, grated
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 level tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black paper
- 2 heated tbsps. Poppy seeds and 2 tbsps broken cashewnuts, ground to a paste
- 2 tbsps single cream
- 3 tbsps oil
- 2 tbsps coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder oil for deep fryig
- Mix together mashed potatoes, mashed cottage cheese, ground cumin, salt flour. Knead well and make a smooth dough.
- Divide a dough into 10-12 parts, shape them into a round balls.
- Wash the soaked prunes and wipe them well.
- Make a depression in the center of each ball and place a prune on each. Now carefully close and shape into round balls.
- Heat oil and fry cheese balls until color turn golden brown. Drain and deep them on a kitchen paper.
- Heat 3 tbsps oil and fry onion transparent. Add garlic and ginger, stir well and fry till color turns light brown, add chili. Black paper, turmeric, stir for a minute. Add poppy seed mixture stirring well and fry till oil begins to separate.
- Pour in water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add fried cheese balls. Remove cover. Simmer over low heat for another 15 minutes to thicken the gravy.
- Spoon the cream just before serving and sprinkle coriander leaves.
Try this recipe in your home and make your family happy. Share your precious comments with us. If you have any query then do ask we will be pleased to help you.