Recipe of Hyderabadi Bagharu Baingan
Hyderabadi Bagharu Baingan:
Today’s recipe is from a Mughal trend. A classic Mughal dish of Hyderabadi Bagharu Baingan. This dish originate from the Mughal era. And they are fond of food. This is very simple, tasty and spicy recipe which can be ready in 30 minutes. Here are all the instructions regarding this recipe.
- 6 to 8 small round shaped brinjals
- 2 medium size onion
- 2 table spoons ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 table spoon coconut or desiccated (dried)
- ½ table spoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 1 level table spoon ground coriander
- 1 table spoon shelled peanuts
- 1 level table spoon cumin seeds
- 1 table spoon sesame seeds
- 1 table spoon poppy seeds
- ½ table spoon ground turmeric
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 level table spoon chili powder
- 1 level table spoon salt
- 4 table spoons tamarind pulp
- 8 table spoons vegetable oil
- 1 table spoon coriander leaves finally chopped
- Wash and pat dry the brinjals. Carefully slight them into four lengthways-do not cut right through.
- They should be held together at the stalk/stem.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the brinjals for a few minutes until light brown.
- Turn once and remove them from oil and place them on a kitchen paper.
- Thread onion in a skewer and grill over glowing coal to place skewer under a grill.
- Peel the charred skin and chop.
- Grind together onion, garlic, ginger, poppy seeds, peanuts, sesame seeds, half of the cumin seeds, coriander and coconut.
- Now gently mix all the ingredients and make a fine paste.
- After that heat remaining oil again.
- Now put remaining cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
- Then add ground onions paste in it.
- Stir well and fry for few minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric and chili in it. Cook over medium heat until oil begins to separate and color turns brown.
- Now stir it in tamarind juice.
- Mix them well and cook for another few minutes.
- Gently add fried brinjals, coat evenly with the masala mixture.
- Now cover it and reduce the heat and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Dish is ready to serve. Now serve it in front of your guests and get remarks from them. Share your precious comments with us. If you have any query then do ask we will be pleased to help you. !!!!