Recipe of Afghani Pulao
Afghani Pulao is the one of those dishes which are famous in Pakistan. This pulao is having a little bit sweetish taste because of its specialty. It is very easy to cook at home. Its procedure is almost same as simple pulao have. Below are some instructions to make Afghani pulao.
- ½ kg Basmati Rice
- ½ kg mutton/chicken
- 2 chopped onions of medium size
- 2 table spoons ginger garlic paste
- 4 tomatoes
- Take 3 to 4 carrots of medium
- Green chilies to taste
- Chopped leaves of Coriander
- Cooking oil
- Mixture of spices (Garam masala)
- Salt- to taste
- 6 to 7 Black peppers
- 2 lemon cut in small pieces
- Fenugreek (methi)
1) Wash the meat and sprinkle vinegar on it and leave for one hour.
2) On the other hand wash the basmati rice well and leave them in water.
3) After a while take a pot and heat up the cooking oil in it and fry the chopped onions when onions are browned then add the four tomatoes cut in small pieces and two table spoons of ginger garlic paste, add two cups of water, black peppers and salt to taste in it and leave them for 5 to 7 minutes.
4) Now their paste will be ready.
5) Add meat in the paste and put mixture of spices (garam masala) fry them for 3 to 4 minutes and add three cups of water in it and for cooked.
6) When meat is half fried then take another pot and filled its three quarter with water and add 2 spoons salt and rice in it and high the flame.
7) When rice are half boiled then drop in a holed basket so that the water will be dry from them.
8) Take a frying pan add some amount of oil and fry the pieces of carrots and place them aside from the pan.
9) Now grind green chilies and Fenugreek (methi) fry them for five minutes.
10) After that add meat in it and fry them too.
11) When meat is almost ready then add rice, fried carrots in it and mix them gently.
12) After that leave them for five minutes on a low flame.
13) Now Afghani Pulao is redy to serve.
14) Put the pulao into a dish and garnish with almonds, pistachio, chopped leaves of coriander and lemon pieces.
Try this recipe at home and share your precious comments with us. If you have any query then do ask, we will pleased to help you.