Biryani is considered to be the most popular food item in Pakistan. We all try different types of biryani recipes at home. Today I am going to share a different and yummy recipe of Kuwaiti Biryani with you. It is so delicious that you all are going to love it. Just follow the directions properly and you will make perfect biryani in first attempt. I hope it will be helpful for you.
- Salt 1 tbsp
- cinnamon stick 2
- cardamom pods 2 or 3
- whole cloves 5 black peppercorns Flour
- 3 cups basmati rice (or other short-grained rice)
- Onion-spice topping (hashu): 2 large yellow onions, finely chopped 1 Tbsp.
- vegetable oil ¼ cup
- golden raisins, soaked in water ¼ tsp.
- ground cardamom ¼ tsp
- dried black lime, or ½ tsp. lime ¼ tsp.
- ground black pepper ½ tsp
- sugar Tomato sauce (duqqus): 2 large tomatoes, chopped 2 Tbsp
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 Tb
- tomato paste
1) Rinse chicken inside and out. Place in a stockpot with enough water to cover. Add cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, and continue to boil uncovered over medium heat until chicken is done (approximately 40 minutes). Remove and drain the chicken, reserving broth.
2) Drain fat off the top of the broth and strain broth to remove spices. Prepare three cups of basmati rice according to package directions, using broth from chicken instead of water. Add salt if necessary.
3) While rice is cooking, cook onions in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until clear. Sprinkle with a little water and stir quickly until onions are brown and the water has evaporated. Stir in oil, draineraisins, and spices. Cook for one minute. Remove mixture from skillet and set aside.
4) Lightly dust the boiled, drained chicken with flour. In a clean skillet over medium-high heat, brown the chicken, turning frequently, until the outside is brown and crispy. Mix all the things and serve it hot.