Kashmiri Namkeen Chicken
Chicken is liked all over the world very much. Specially here in Pakistan, we can have numerous recipes made with chicken depending upon our taste. Also, as our country is consisting of various regional tastes, we can have a lot more ways to cook one simple chicken. Kashmiris have very different taste and they cook their food in very unique way. One of such recipes is here below. You are for sure going to love it and try it as soon as you can! Kashmiri Namkeen Chicken is one of most delicious dishes you will ever taste.
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serving: 2-4 People
Type: Main Course
- Chicken Boneless½ kg
- Fresh milk1 cup
- Fresh cream1 cup
- Oil1 cup
- Yogurt1 cup
- Onion paste2
- Chopped green chilies6
- Chopped green coriander12
- Roasted and crushed cumin1 tsp
- Poppy seeds1 tbsp
- White pepper1 tbsp
- Ginger powde2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Take a pan and pour 1 cup of oil in it. Heat it a little bit, and then add the onion paste in it and fry it. Fry this paste until it gets golden brown.
- Now add the boneless chicken pieces in the pan. Cook it so that all the water gets completely dried.
- Add salt, yogurt, and 2 tbsp of ginger in this chicken. Sauté it well.
- Add almonds, poppy seeds, 1 tbsp of white pepper and mix well.
- Add fresh milk along with 1 cup of fresh cream and stir it well so that the whole ingredients get saturated.
- After this, add the chopped green chilies and chopped coriander.
- The dish is almost ready now. Just simmer it for 10-15 minutes at most.
- Serve it hot. It tastes amazing with tandoori roti or khameeri roti.
The ingredients are simple yet they make your chicken very tempting. Try it out your self and let us know about your experience in the comment box below. I am sure you will love this different regional taste from Kashmir.